Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus

 Hey Guys its Pushpak from Pushpaksolutions, and this is my unboxing and overview of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. So without wasting any more time lets go into this unboxing. After using the same box for the S8 and S9,Samsung finally changed the box a bit for the S10 series. It comes in this simple black colour with S10+ written on top. Colour of this text actually depends on the colour of the phone that you choose.
Samsung s10 plus box


 As we break the seal and lift the lid, the beautiful looking S10+ is sitting right at the top. I went out and purchased this Blue colored one. We will take a better look at the phone in a moment, but first lets see what else do we get in the box. We have this small envelope hiding under lid of the box, and it carries the SIM Tray removal pin, Some paperwork like warranty and regulatory information. And we also get this Transparent Plastic case to protect the back of the phone. I will be getting a good case to protect my S10 Plus, but until then I will be using this one. Then there is this Samsung’s Adaptive fastcharging brick. Its a 15watt charger, so not really different from what we got with the S9 or even the S8. I was hoping this time, Samsung would give us an even fast charger like OnePlus or Huawei does with their new phones, just to keep up with the competition. Below the charging brick, there is a USB type C to type A adaptor or an OTG dongle. You can use this to transfer the data from your old phone to this S10 Plus. Then there is this USB type C cable for charging and data transfer. And you also get AKG branded earphones with tangle free braided cable. So if you decide to get the S10 Plus, These are all the things that you will get with it. 
Samsung s10 plus box content


Alright, now lets keep all these things aside,and take a look at the phone itself. Right as you pick up the S10 Plus, you will notice that it is very light for its size. I mean it doesn’t feel cheap by any means,but I expected a phone with such a huge display and a 4100mAh battery to weigh a bit more. I really liked the coral blue colour on the S9 Plus, and this blue colour looks pretty similar to that one. Let us remove this film on the back. It also comes with a thin film screen protector and another film on top of that preinstalled. I will remove this first film, and leave the screen protector as it is, until a better one that I ordered gets delivered. 
Samsung s10 plus back


Taking a look around the device, We have a SIM tray and a noise cancelling microphone at the top. This is a hybrid sim try, which means at a time, you can either use 2 nano SIM cards or 1 nano sim card and a micro SD card, to expand the storage. On the right Side there is just a power or sleep/wake button. I think, this button is placed pretty high,so for someone who has average sized hands like me, will have to adjust the grip, every time I want lock or wake this phone.
sim trey of s10 plus


 At the bottom, there is a speaker grill on the right. USB type C port for charging and data transfer,and thankfully Samsung keeps the headphone jack alive for yet another year on their flagship line of phone. On left side of the phone, there is the volume rocker and the Bix by button, which as we all know, no body really uses. Thankfully with the latest software update,Samsung allows us to remap it to other applications. 
lower side of s10 plus


At the back, we get a new triple camera setup with Flash and heart rate monitor. Out of 3 cameras Primary camera has a 12 megapixel sensor with variable aperture of F/1.5-2.4, a 26mm lens, and each individual pixel sizeof 1.4 micron. Secondary camera again has a 12 megapixel sensor with F/2.4 aperture, 52 mm telephoto lens, and each individual pixel has a sizeof 1 micron. Both these cameras have optical image stabilization ,and they are pretty much similar to the dual cameras of S9 Plus.3rd cameras gets a 16 megapixel sensor with F/2.2 aperture and this one has an ultra wide 12mm lens. That is it for the back. Fingerprint sensor is move moved to the front under the display. More on that later.
S10 plus camera


 At the front we get this huge 6.4 inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 3040 x 1440 pixels. This is one of the best displays on a smartphone that I have ever seen, and it is covered by gorilla glass 6. There are very thin bezels all around the device, and Samsung has continued its legacy of not including a notch on their phone. The front facing cameras are now housed in this infinity O style cutout. It is just a fancy way of saying that S10 series phones come with punch hole style cameras. And yes I said cameras, because S10 Plus now comes with 2 front facing cameras. Main camera is a 10 megapixel sensor with F/1.9 aperture, and a wide lens. And the secondary camera is a 8 megapixel depth sensor. I have never had problems with notches on any of the phones, and I don’t have any problem with this style of cutout for the cameras. It is not too intrusive, and I think anyone can get used to it after using it for a day or two. 
Samsung s10 plus display


Coming back to the fingerprint sensor. Samsung has moved away from the rear fingerprint sensor, and decided to go with an in display Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor. This fingerprint sensor is supposed to be much better and more accurate, compared to the optical in-display fingerprint sensors found on other smartphones like the OnePlus 6T. From the initial use it seems to be working as it should. I don’t expect it to be the fastest fingerprint sensor or anything like that. I just want it to be better than the one on the OnePlus 6T. Specs wise S10 Plus packs in all the latestand greatest tech you would expect. 
Samsung s10 plus features




It comes with Samsung s Exynos 9820 processor,8 or 12 GB of RAM, 128 / 512 GB of internal storage, and 4100 mAh battery. With all these specs, It scores really high on all the benchmark. It comes with the new Samsung One UI, and I would like to use it for a few more days before I can give you my thoughts about it. 

So far it seems really fast and fluid like you would expect from any new flagship smartphone. Same is the case with battery life, I can tell you more about it in a few days as I start using this phone more and more. From the little time I have spent with the S10 Plus I can tell you that I am really loving its design. I mean It’s not a radical re design, but the little refinements that Samsung has been making with each iterations of the Galaxy S phones have been working in their favour. I am yet to test out the battery life and cameras. Right now my only quirk is that, placement of the power button is too high for my thumb to naturally reach. I’ll let you guys know about any other issues that I face as I use it for a longer time. Alright guys, this has been my quick unboxing and overview of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. 

 That is it for this blog guys, Please hit the subscribe button if you enjoyed this blog and for more quality tech videos like these. You can also check out some of the other blogs on this channel. This has been Pushpak and I’ll catch you guys in the next blog. Take Care. 

Technical Details